Personal History Project
Building on a lifetime of asking good questions, Betsy Rosenblatt Rosso is adding the Personal History Project to the Rosso Writing portfolio. The Personal History Project seeks to capture the life and legacy of each individual who is interviewed, recording the funny or poignant family stories that are often told but have never been written down, sparking long lost memories that family and friends would love to hear, and celebrating important milestones and everyday moments before the details are forgotten.
The scope of each product may be customized by the client, with the understanding that Betsy will ask a wide variety of questions to best be able to tell her subject’s story. Betsy will always respect a client’s boundaries and will not press if the subject does not wish to answer a question. All products are submitted to the client for review and revised accordingly.
Potential occasions or focus areas to prompt a personal history project may include
- Milestone birthday
- Moving to a new home, including to a senior or assisted living facility
- Preserving the stories of family heirlooms or treasured objects or art
- Recovery from a health crisis or major medical issue
- Special occasion gift for parent or child or other relative
Personal History Project products are based on a two- to four-hour interview, depending on the subject’s wishes and availability. Ideally interviews are conducted in person at a location of the subject’s choice, but may be done via phone, Skype, or FaceTime if necessary.
Once the interview is completed, Betsy will write any of the following
- Five- to 10-page feature biographical essay
- Five- to 10-page feature biographical essay in photo book with up to 25 photos provided by client
- Nonfiction children’s book about subject, with photos or original illustrations
Personal history projects do not include audio or video files unless otherwise specified.
- Package #1: interview and article = $1200.
- Package #2: interview and article incorporated into photo book = $1500
- Package #3: interview and children’s book with photos = $1800
- Package #4: interview and children’s book with original illustrations = $2800
If you’d like to learn more about the Personal History Project or schedule your interview, contact Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-232-3079.
Renee is 101 years old. She jumped out of a window to prove her bravery to her brothers. She eloped so she could stay in college to become a teacher. She sailed the Atlantic with three others, taking four-hour watches in turn. Read Renee’s Personal History Project story and ask me how I can help capture your or your loved ones’ legacy.